Colorful Cocktails: Strawberry Champagne Slushies

"Strawberry Slushies"

I'm sure anyone on Pinterest has seen this delectable image floating around.  I just happened to have a bottle of bubbly on hand this past weekend and was feeling "p-inspired" (if you will).  The recipe (from a  bee-rilliant blog, Une Vie Saine) calls for homemade strawberry puree ice cubes made with honey.  While this sounds absolutely amazing, it also looked terribly time consuming!  Not being one to wait, I drove to the grocery store, picked up a pre-frozen carton of strawberries in sugar.  Once I got to the mixin' machine, I poured in half the bottle of bubbly and the entire 16 oz. carton of strawberries and let it whiz away.  The result was a hugely flavorful flute colored the richest of reds.  Let me tell ya, this thing was T.A.S.T.Y.  It was a little on the sweet side, so next time I make it I plan cutting the sugary strawberries in half and replacing it with regular kind.  Has anyone else tried this one out?  #treatyoself

Comments

Popular Posts